Saturday, December 03, 2005

Am I doing this right?

I think I got tagged the other day by a blogger I really like. I don't spend enough time in the blog world to understand all the customs and rituals - so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to respond on my blog or leave a comment on hers. Guess I'll do it here.

Ten Weird and Random Facts about Myself

1. It takes a lot for me to think something is weird.

2. I don't think anything in life is random even when we think it is.

3. I've met Willem Dafoe, Paul O'Neill (former Yankee) and now need only to meet Christian Bale for my "hot hot hottie" hat trick to be complete.

4. I act like an A Type personality but I am a profoundly B Type personality inside.

5. I am a writer and I choose not to discuss my work on my blog - - admire people who do though.

6. I believe in the inherent goodness of every human being.

7. But I think we live in a culture that fears and is hateful to women.

8. I have no fear of any spider or bug -- but I will f*ckin' freak out if you put me in the same room with a snake of any size.

9. I love flowers and gardening.

10. I wish I could have had more children. Guess I still might be able to get one under the wire.

7 comments:

Kranki said...

I am totally with you on #7. We are all supposed to be enlightened but in this case I think there is a long way to go.

Floridora said...

A warning! My wife has the same sort of hissy-fit if she thinks there is a snake in the near neighborhood. Our kids respect her adversion, BUT grandkids are a whole different thing! They love to hear the screeks and watch the little dances. It is best to never let them know of your feelings about snakes.

Julie Marsh said...

I had to giggle about bugs vs. snakes. I'm definitely scared of bugs, but at least I know how to handle them. The first few times I saw a snake out here, it really gave me the creeps. I'm glad I was on a bicycle - I can't imagine how people walk on the trail and just STEP RIGHT OVER snakes.

ellesu said...

Well....it's a good thing you didn't visit me when my boys' pet snake would escape. =8-0000

The freakin' thing would get loose constantly, but it didn't take me long to find out that I could open the door to the outside and it would slither (Ewwww!) right on outside. ....Of course, it didn't take long for my boys to figure out what I was doing and, since the dumb snake wouldn't go far once outside, the boys would bring it right back in.

I don't know what happened to the thing. It escaped for its last time years ago and we never found it. ....I never 'smelled' anything. Knowing people down here, it might have gotten outside and someone found it and cooked it's snake butt.

Rozanne said...

As far as I know you followed correct protocol by posting the meme on your own site.

I did a similar "random things" meme a couple of weeks ago and Willem Dafoe cropped up in mine, although not as a "hot hot hottie" (quite the opposite, in fact). Still--what are the chances he would show up at all in anyone's list of random facts about themselves? It's not like he's a part of the collective unconscious--or is he?

Dr. Deb said...

I love your #1. I think I have a large expanse in that realm too.


~Deb

Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Thanks for playing along!

Hh

P.S. You did it right. :)