Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Business


I finished preparing the brine for the turkey and threw the bird right in -- breast first as they say.

Folks - I promise, it's one of the best ways to prepare a turkey. With all the turkeys I've roasted you'd think my favorite part of the bird would have evolved from being the wing. What can I say...it's a decision I locked into in second grade and I've never looked back.

Have a Peaceful and Content Thanksgiving. Let's remember all the military families who are without their mothers, fathers, sons and daughters tomorrow. If you have any ideas or contacts on how to help them - please let me know! I can't seem to find a way to help.

3 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Blessing and all good things to you and your family. Nothing like NYC at this time of year.

Julie Marsh said...

Happy Thanksgiving, EVI!

ellesu said...

Hope you had a wonderful day. As for the military families, I don't have any suggestions but did you hear Michelle Obama say she wanted one of her priorities to be helping military families? I was so glad to hear that.