Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Poor People Migrating to Suburbs

So I have been reading more and more about how all the white people with money are taking over all of the cities and that everyone is being pushed out into the suburbs.

This news gives me great hope. That means that the counter culture and emerging art communities will continue to do the same.

Is it possible to think that I will one day be surrounded by my beloved East Village hodge podge again? Why not? Hell, it's a free country.

I wish the entire NYC gay community would take over Westchester County...or at least Tarrytown.

2 comments:

said...

Define "Free."

Anna said...

Hey, I couldn't find an e-mail address on your blog but I was hoping we could get in touch. I am helping to start a non-profit in the Tompkins Square Park area called The Space at Tompkins, which will serve as a membership-based co-op for the transient individuals residing in and around the park. Currently, I am linking up with local bloggers who are active in the community. Check out our website when you have the chance, and possibly link us on your blog so as to help get the word out?

Thanks so much!

Anna Gordon
Community Relations
The Space at Tompkins
www.thespaceattompkins.org