Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mamani

I don't usually notice when yet another small eatery opens up on Avenue A but I have to confess to really liking one that opened up very close by.

The place is called Mamani and it's located between 9th and 10th on Avenue A.

The menu is authentic Persian homestyle cooking and your usual take out American fare. They have an extensive menu with something for just about everyone, including kids, vegetarians, people looking for ethnic cuisine or just a quick sandwich, burger, falafel, etc. They also make their own pita bread.

It's a family owned and family run. Check it out if you have a chance.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, maybe we can all meet there next weekend!

jodi said...

Sounds like a great restaurant. And to think that I was all excited because we now have pizza delivery to our area!!

east village idiot said...

Michael - Rats. I am house sitting for my in laws out of state at that time and the following weekend I'll be off for the month to the Cape. Not very good timing - - but I'll be back.

Jar - Trust me. There are things you can get in your area like fifty tons of strawberries for a dollar. Or tomatoes for a dollar - that just blow my mind!

Dr. Deb said...

Yum, next time I'm in the big apple I'll check it out.