Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Unscathed!!

Well folks. It happened. We had a great Thanksgiving Dinner with my relatives (my parents and half my siblings). The turkey was perfect and all the side dishes were out of sight. Lots of bright beautiful colors on my plate.
Even the wine was lovely. At some point I'll have to figure out what led to this comet like occurence. But right now I just want to enjoy it.
Ben is not partial towards Thanksgiving fare. His plate consisted of turkey, stringbeans and a piece of Italian bread I brought out from the kitchen. No stuffing, no mash potatoes, no cranberry anything, no brussel sprouts, no gravy, no pies of ANY kind. One day he'll change his mind. Brian had a nice time too - which makes me very happy. I wouldn't say that the only way to his heart is through his stomach - but it certainly is among the express routes!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be in the air. We, too, had a pleasant Thanksging Day with a delicious meal - and of course, much to be thankful for. Now it is on to Christmas and the most joyful celebration of the year!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had a good one.

Anonymous said...

I love it when things go well. I'm glad it happened for you all.

Your Ben's plate sounds like what I saw on my youngest son's plate (and my son's in college!). He did pig-out later on the spaghetti I had carried up there....

JT said...

Omigosh, that's wonderful, Ellen! You sounded so happy in this post.

(Zoe did like a broccoli casserole an engaged gay male couple made.)

Dr. Deb said...

So glad it was a good one!